Hair straightening is one of the hair styling technique that involve the flattening and straightening of hair so as to give it a smooth, sleek and streamlined appearance. Hair straightening makes ones hair look good, it takes care of the frizz, gives you the look of just being at the hair dresser. Hair straightening gives one with curly hair an option to have straight hair making the hair shiny.
The best techniques to straighten your hair Most individuals are reluctant to straighten their hair due to the fear of causing damage to it, but with the proper techniques, equipment and products they can achieve an amazing straight look without destroying your hair. To properly straighten your hair, using either straightening irons or a hair dryer, just follow the steps below! (1) Wash and blow-dry your hair: Straightening your hair works best on freshly washed or day-old hair. When washing your hair, tailor your shampoo and conditioning products to your hair type. Once hair is washed, give it a quick towel dry, then blow-dry with a hair dryer.
(2) Apply a heat protection spray: Investing in a good heat protection spray which you apply every time you straighten is one of the best things you can do for your hair, without forgoing straightening altogether. The heat protection spray locks in moisture and prevents hair from becoming dry and frazzled.
(3) Divide your hair into sections: Dividing your hair into sections will ensure that you straighten your hair properly, without missing any strands. The easiest way to section your hair is to divide it into three layers.
(4) Set your straightening iron to the correct temperature for your hair type: Most good quality hair straighteners give you the option to adjust the temperature of the irons. Using the right temperature for your hair will ensure you get the best results and will prevent you from doing unnecessary damage to your hair. The temperature your straightener should be set to will depend on your hair type.
(5) Use the correct technique: Straightening your hair with a straightening irons does not involve anything very complicated, but there are a number of helpful tips you can follow in order to achieve the best results.
Use the right size strands. For best results, straighten your hair in strands that are 1 to 2 inches (2.5 to 5.1 cm) wide and no more than half an inch thick. If you use sections that are much bigger, your hair won't straighten properly, but if you use smaller sections, it will take too long.
Hold the hair taut. Use one hand to hold the section of hair taut as you clamp the straightening iron around it and smooth it through the hair. If it's not completely straight the first time, don't worry, just pull the straightener through again.
Begin straightening about an inch away from the roots. This will leave a little volume in your hair and make sure it doesn't look too flat.
Use smooth rather than jerky movements. Try to run the straightening iron over the hair in one smooth, fluid movement. If you move it jerkily, you will end up with horizontal lines across your hair.
(6) Stop if you see any steam or your hair starts to sizzle. (7) Straighten the next layer of hair. (8) Examine your work in a mirror to make sure you didn't miss any sections. (9) Style your hair. (10) Use a finishing product Types of hair style that you can achieve with Japanese hair styling and Yuko hair styling
Long And Layered
Pixies And Bobs
B E R K S H I R E S T U D I O S b r o o k l y n, n y